Pages

I love rice and so does my husband. We try to find different ways to prepare and enjoy this wonderful food. Through time, we found hundreds of recipes, some simple and some exotic, and have enjoyed preparing them. We've found some real winners, which I have published on this blog and some that are not so great, which are in my personal "do not" repeat folder. I have created this site to share those memorable dishes - which are all about this wonderful food called "rice".

Eggplant and Red Bell Pepper Stir Fry

We love eggplant at my house. In London, my husband got really tickled that every where we went, this wonderful vegetable was called aubergine.  There are so many different versions: large, baby, Japanese, Indian, and white, just to name a few. I could probably do a blog on eggplants alone. I try to find just as many ways to prepare eggplants.  I found this in an old Chinese cookbook and revised to fit the American palate. This is really great and so easy to prepare.  It goes great with Chinese barbeque or fried pork chops and of course rice.

Another really pretty dish to make.

Ingredients:
3 tbsp olive or canola oil
3 garlic cloves (minced)
2 regular eggplants or 3 Japanese eggplants (cut diagonally)
1 tsp cider vinegar
1 red bell pepper sliced into strips
3 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
Salt and pepper

Heat oil in a deep pan. Add garlic and stir fry for approximately 1 minute. Add the eggplant, continue to stir fry for another 30-45 seconds until the eggplant is coated with oil and garlic.  Add the bell pepper strips and continue to stirring.  When the eggplant pieces appear softened, add soy sauce, vinegar and sugar.  Continue stirring and allow to cook for another 2 minutes.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.  When done, remove from heat, toss lightly with cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment